Re: arm: warning at virt/kvm/arm/vgic.c:1468

On 2015-02-15 16:59, Christoffer Dall wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 04:35:14PM +0100, Jan Kiszka wrote:

>>> Map the GICC region in HYP using create_hyp_io_mapping (see
>>> vgic_v2_probe for an example of how we map GICH), and stash the read of
>>> GICC_HPPIR before leaving HYP mode (and before saving the guest timer).
>>
>> OK.
>>

>>> BTW, when you look at /proc/interrupts on the host, don't you see an
>>> interrupt that's a bit too eager to fire?
>>
>> No - but that makes sense given that we do not enter any interrupt
>> handler according to ftrace, thus there can't be any counter incrementation.

>>> I'd assume this is already in place (but I almost never run QEMU, so I
>>> could be wrong here).
>>
>> Nope, QEMU starts up fine, just lets the guest starve while waiting for
>> jiffies to increase.
>>

> you should be able to turn the in-kernel irqchip off with a QEMU
> command-line option and the that should prevent the kernel from adding
> an arch-timer.  This would only work on the vexpress guest model though,
> since the virt-board doesn't provide an emulated timer as a replacement.

I'm running vexpress, but I only tried legacy -no-kvm-irqchip so far
which was refused. -machine vexpress-a15,kernel_irqchip=off has an
effect: host practically locks up, dmesg - when I'm still able to start
on a different console - gives endless "Unexpected interrupt 19 on vcpu
ecd39670". Well, a different smell, but still very fishy.

Jan