kvm-autotest -- introducing kvm_runtest_2

Hello,

KVM-autotest is a test framework for kvm, based on autotest (http://autotest.kernel.org).

Its purpose is to keep kvm stable.
For developers, we want to find regressions early.
For users, we want users to feel confident kvm runs well on their own machine.
Also we would like to present results nicely, similar to http://test.kernel.org.

Today we have quite a few guests (including linux, windows, unix) and some tests (guest installation, boot, reboot and more)

For guest installation, we need the guest iso images. One needs to get the iso images before running guest installation tests (which is by default needed for all other tests to run).

Source code is located at git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm-autotest.git

Interesting directories are
    client/tests/kvm_runtest_2 (newer)
    client/tests/kvm_runtest   (older, almost obsolete, not as interesting)

Wiki can be found at http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/KVM_RegressionTest
     http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/KVM_RegressionTest/GettingStarted
     http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/RegressionTests/ConfigFile2

To run kvm_runtest_2 you need a kvm installed on you host. Please read
BEFORE_YOU_START file, and set up the symbolic links accordingly.

Currently kvm_runtest_2 does not install kvm, so you'd have to install it yourself. kvm_runtest "knows" how to install kvm (default is to install latest kvm release). Currently kvm_runtest_2 uses default networking (-net user) and qemu 'redir', while kvm_runtest uses tap. By default, kvm_runtest starts a dhcpd server, to serve local kvm guests.

Please make sure you have a big enough disk for the guest images (each of a size of up to a few GB).

Comments/Suggestions/Ideas/Requests/Patches are welcome.

Thanks,
   Uri.