Re: usb audio device troubles

On 12/3/2014 3:52 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
Eric are you using usb-host redirection, or Spice's usb network redir ?

This little bit of time this morning learning about spice and the network redirection. It worked for about half an hour and then failed in the same way the host redirection failed. The audio device would appear for a while, I would try to use it and then it would disappear.

The spice model has some very nice features and that I could, in theory, have a working speech recognition engine somewhere on my <air quotes>cloud</air quotes> and then be able to use it via spice on any desktop I happen to be located in front of. it would also work nicely with my original idea of putting a working KVM virtual machine on and an e-sata SSD external drive and be able to bring my working speech recognition environment with me without having cart a laptop.

I hope you can see that this could be generalized into a nicely portable accessibility solution where the accessibility environment moves with the disabled user and removes the need to make every machine have user specific accessibility software and configuration. Yes, it does impose a requirement the KVM runs everywhere but, we know that's the future anyway so why fight it :-)

Anyway, I think if we can solve this USB audio device problem then I'll be very happy and can make further progress towards my goal.

Thank you so very much for the help so far and I hope we can fix this USB problem.