KVM and VMware

I have successfully enjoyed KVM for para-virtualized Linux guests :))

Unfortunately I have to maintain some SW for a customer
which is running on a specialized HW,
so I only have the chance to maintain that in customer-supplied VMware
virtual machines.

Trying to emerge (Gentoo on amd64) VMware Workstation in addition,
I ran into

==> "You cannot install on a system with KVM enabled."

Digging, I found

--> http://communities.vmware.com/thread/188359 :

ksc:
"VMware switches in and out of root mode each time so as to not conflict
with other virtualization software.
KVM likes to hang onto the virtualization root mode aggressively for a
minor performance gain.  (*)
For comparison, Parallels hangs on to the root mode but detects other
virtualization software and lets go when it detects a conflict.
Until KVM becomes more compatible with other software, our installer
will detect KVM and actively try to prevent you from getting into this
situtation."

CharlieM:
"IIRC, there was an issue where unloading the KVM module was not enough,
as it forgot to 'let go' of root mode when it was unloaded. I don't
think that bug lasted long, but it's something to watch for; just be
sure your distro is up to date."

A) Is (*) correct?

B) Any chance to solve this problem?

Thanks for your esteemed answers in advance!

Kind regards

Manfred

P.S.: Please reply via above PM -
because I'm not subscribed to the KVM BUG tracker yet.