Re: nVMX: APICv seems to cause breakages

于 10/20/14, 9:11 PM, Jan Kiszka 写道:
Hi all,

we just started a test with Jailhouse in a VM on a decently recent Intel
box. It has APICv / posted interrupts support. And it breaks Jailhouse
activation (L1 breakage, host seems to be fine). Loading kvm-intel with
enable_apicv=0 resolves the issue. Henning started to debug from
Jailhouse POV and found out it may be NMI IPI related. We will try to
dig deeper, but any support is welcome regarding the APICv specialties.

Could this also explain some of the incompatibilities you found, Yang?
Maybe you want to check if more hypervisor work when APICv is off.

I will check it tomorrow. ;-)

Regards,
Wanpeng Li

Jan