Re: Recent kvm and vmware server comparisons?

On Wednesday 18 February 2009, Martin Maurer wrote:
> > I suppose no-one has any?
>
> VMware includes in its EULA (End User License Agreement) a prohibition for
> any licensee to publish benchmark results without VMware's approval. (see
> https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/eula.php)
>
> Maybe this is a reason why all published VMWare benchmarks looks quite
> similar :-)
>
> I would love to see a comparison but due to this restrictions it´s hard to
> get independent results.
>
> Br, Martin

I hardly think it stops people from casually talking about their day to day
experiences with vmware and how kvm matches up to it. And even if it did, it
doesn't sound like something thats actually legally binding. Otherwise I can
start putting things like YOU MUST NEVER TALK AGAIN in my eulas.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom@xxxxxxx