Re: KVM on ARM64

On 08/07/2014 12:53 PM, Christoffer Dall wrote:
Currently we only model a virtual machine board (the -machine
type=virt parameter) which has a UART, a flash, an RTC, and a bunch of
virtio-mmio channelse.

Once we either emulate a real aarch64 board (with whatever peripherals
it may have) or add a PCI controller to the virt board, then you can
choose whatever storage the real board has or start doing interesting
things like plugging in a scsi controller to your PCI controller on
the virt board or whatever else you desire.
I am very interested in having a PCI controller on the virt board to be able to do some testing of "-device pci-assign" and "-device vfio-pci". I noticed that Alvise Rigo (ccd) had sent some patches out to the qemu-devel list July 11th that seem to add a generic pci controller.

But as Joel points out, VirtIO is likely to get you the best
performance and is the most convenient method.

-Christoffer