Re: Using virtio for inter-VM communication

Il 15/06/2014 08:20, Jan Kiszka ha scritto:
> I think implementing Xen hypercalls in jailhouse for grant table and
> event channels would actually make a lot of sense.  The Xen
> implementation is 2.5kLOC and I think it should be possible to compact
> it noticeably, especially if you limit yourself to 64-bit guests.
At least the grant table model seems unsuited for Jailhouse. It allows a
guest to influence the mapping of another guest during runtime. This we
want (or even have) to avoid in Jailhouse.

IIRC implementing the grant table hypercalls with copies is inefficient but valid.

Paolo