Re: Some more basic questions..

Thanks Zhang and Venkateshwara, some more follow up questions below:)

1. Does -realtime mlock=on allocate all the memory upfront and keep it
for the VM, or does it just make sure the memory that is allocated
within the guest is not swapped out under host memory pressure?

2.  I notice on a 4G guest on an 8G host, guest allocates only about
1G initially, and the rest later as I start applications. Is there a
way for me to reserve ALL memory (4G in this case) upfront somehow
without changes to guest and without allocating it? It will have to be
something the host OS or some component within the host OS. Isnt there
something to that effect? It seems odd that there isnt.

Thank you in advance.