Re: Handle multiple interrupts injection in one vmexit

On 2014-05-26 15:51, Arthur Chunqi Li wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> External interrupts are injected in function vcpu_enter_guest, with
> checking KVM_REQ_EVENT. If there are more than one interrupts in one
> vmexit (e.g. nmi and external events occur concurrently in one
> vmexit), KVM will handle only one interrupt of the highest priority
> (e.g. NMI), right? So only NMI is injected in this vmexit, thus when
> will the other external events injected? I don't see any extra setting
> of KVM_REQ_EVENT to handle the lower priority interrupts injection in
> KVM.

[you should mention that you are talking about x86 here]

If both events are pending, inject_pending_event will try to inject the
NMI. vcpu_enter_guest will then notice that there are still pending
interrupts and request the interrupt window vmexit. If the NMI should be
blocked, an NMI window exit is requested. But on NMI injection, another
KVM_REQ_EVENT is send (see e.g. handle_nmi_window in vmx.c).

Jan