Add armhf support for qemu-kvm

Hey, all!

I want to run a virtual machine on virt-manager using qemu as the
emulator and armhf as the architecture. However, I see that
virt-manager only lists x86_64 and i686 as the supported
architectures. For this, I tried referring to
https://wiki.debian.org/QemuUserEmulation which asked me to do the
following:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libc6:armhf

However, since I am on dpkg version  1.16.1.2, I had to add a new
architecture using the method given here:
http://askubuntu.com/a/423089/72576

However, even after doing this, I get 404's for armhf packages on doing

sudo apt-get update

and

sudo apt-get install libc6:armhf

returns the following error:

Package libc6:armhf is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  tzdata libc-bin initscripts libdb1-compat locales

E: Package 'libc6:armhf' has no installation candidate

So, how do I add armhs support for qemu?

--

Thanks and regards,

Jobin Raju George
Final Year, Information Technology