Does KVM PCI Device Assignment allow guests to access firewire?

I recently saw the following:

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/KVM_PCI_Device_Assignment

This looks like it might allow guests to access a firewire device. Can
anyone confirm or deny whether that will be the case?

Specifically, I currently run Linux as my desktop and Windows in a
VMware guest for software like Adobe Premiere. This arrangement lets me
do video editing, but not video capture from firewire since VMware
doesn't support it. If KVM allows me to run a Windows guest that will be
able to capture video from the firewire port, I'll be switching away
from VMware.

Please CC me directly in any reply since I don't subscribe to this list.

Thanks,
Wayne.