Questions about interrupt injection

Hi all,

I want to implement a virtual pci device in qemu and when needed
inject a virtual interrupt into the running guest. However, possibly
this action would fail and crash the guest VM especially when the
workload in guest is heavy. Qemu report the following errors:

>KVM: entry failed, hardware error 0x80000021

>If you're running a guest on an Intel machine without unrestricted mode>
>support, the failure can be most likely due to the guest entering an invalid
>state for Intel VT. For example, the guest maybe running in big real mode
>which is not supported on less recent Intel processors.

BTW, there are two function named kvm_set_irq and kvm_queue_interrupt
which can be used to inject interrupt into guest, is it right?

Thx a lot.

--
Tianxiang Miao,
Graduate Student,