Re: KVM Kernel Module not being built for Yocto Kernel

On Mon, Dec 02, 2019 at 09:47:50PM +0000, Wayne Li wrote:
> Dear KVM community,
>
> First of all I'd like mention I've posted this question on the Yocto
> mailing list as well as the KVM mailing list because my question has
> huge ties to the bitbake process (a concept related to the Yocto
> project).  Though I believe I'm mainly addressing the KVM community
> because my problem is more directly related to the intricacies of the
> KVM build process.
>
> So I am trying to build the kvm-kmod from source and I'm running into
> an issue where the compilation doesn't produce any kernel modules.
> But before I describe my issue and question any further, here's a
> little background information on my current endeavour.
>
> My goal right now is to get KVM to work on a T4240RDB running on a
> Yocto-based kernel.

So... what kernel version are you using?

What sub-architecture is the T4240RDB?

What kernel config options are you trying to turn on?

Paul.

[Index of Archives]     [KVM Development]     [KVM ARM]     [KVM ia64]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Video]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]