Re: RFC: proposal for VM reset & shutdown hcall

On 02.07.2013, at 00:59, Yoder Stuart-B08248 wrote:

> [...]

IMHO it should only expose a CAP indicating that it forwards unknown hcalls to user space.

>  -should QEMU advertise this to the guest via a device tree property
>   or via the KVM_HC_FEATURES hcall.   What should KVM_HC_FEATURES be used for?

At least today user space doesn't have influence on the KVM_HC_FEATURES hcall. I think that one simply predates the ePAPR way of enumerating hypercall availability through device tree.

Alex