Re: Emulating lwz instruction powerpc e500

Scott Wood <scottwood <at> freescale.com> writes:

> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 20:33:18 +0000
> Aashish Mittal <aashish.mittal4u <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Were they saved in the first place?  What trap type did you enter on --
> is it listed in NEED_INST_MASK?  What kernel version?
>
> Any reason not to use the existing MMIO emulation mechanisms?
>
> -Scott

Hi Scot

I'm working on kvm version 2.6.39 . So my project requires that i put a trace
on a page in booke architecture (i.e removing the read and write privileges
of that page) which causes all the instructions that try to read or write to this
page to trap under DATA_STORAGE exit where i'm emulating them. Also the
same problem appears when i try to use the existing MMIO mechnism since
it resumes with the flag RESUME_HOST_NV . And iam saving the register using
kvmppc_set_gpr(vcpu,register # ) and the DATA_STORAGE exit is listed in
NEED_ESR_MASK