Re: qemu compiling error on ppc64: kvm.c:81: error: ‘struct kvm_sregs’ has no member named ‘pvr’

Hrm. This means that your kernel headers in /usr/include/linux are too old. Can you try and find out which kernel version they are from please

Yes, kernel headers version is 2.6.32. For the time being, I copied some of the header files from kvm/arch/powerpc/include/asm/ to kernel headers and qemu build was successful.
Thanks a lot.
Awesome! I'm eager to hear how well it works for you :)

I collected some performance stats using kvm_stat. To get more information about exit counts of individual instructions, I configured CFLAGS_emulate.o with DDEBUG flag. Now, I can see output of "pr_debug("Emulating opcode %d / %d\n", get_op(inst), get_xop(inst));" instruction in kernel logs.
I have two queries:

1. The count of "Emulating opcode...." statement in /var/log/kern.log (3 million) is coming out to be much less than emulated_inst_exits (22 million) using kvm_stat.

2. How to configure makefiles to get output of printk statements inside kvm/arch/powerpc/kvm/trace.h

Also, every time I start kvm, I get this error "KVM: Couldn't find level irq capability. Expect the VM to stall at times". After some time, the VM just hangs. I traced this output to qemu/target-ppc/kvm.c Is there any way to avoid it.

Thanks,
Dushyant