Re: KVM on 440GP

On 22.01.2010, at 18:23, Corey Minyard wrote:

> Hollis Blanchard wrote:
>>

>> Thanks! The patch looks good to me. It's unfortunate that 440GP is
>> reported is "ppc440gp", while every other 440 variant is reported is
>> "ppc440", but that's just how it goes I guess. It shouldn't be too
>> difficult to get things working, since the cores are more or less the
>> same. There has been a little accidental build breakage introduced in
>> the 440 code recently (work to support the "Book S" KVM port), but
>> it's all been simple stuff.
>>
> There's more basic build problems with the kernel at the head of development, but that doesn't seem related to kvm.
>
>> As for console, you probably want to use qemu's "-nographic" or at
>> least "-serial stdio" options.
>>
> Thanks for the info.  However, "-serial stdio" doesn't seem to work.  I get:
>

> root@ebony:~# ./qemu-system-ppcemb --enable-kvm -nographic -m 128 -M bamboo -kernel uImage.bamboo -L . -append "" -m 64 -serial stdio
> chardev: opening backend "stdio" failed
> qemu: could not open serial device 'stdio': Success

BookE KVM uses virtio console, no? I think that was explained on the wiki too.

> I'm using the qemu at git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/qemu.git, not the one at git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/qemu-kvm.git, because the latter wouldn't build.  I suppose those are the build problems you speak of.  I'll see if I can get the latter working.

That's the correct one.

Alex--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe kvm-ppc" in

[Index of Archives]     [KVM Development]     [KVM ARM]     [KVM ia64]     [Linux Virtualization]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Video]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]     [Big List of Linux Books]