Re: [GIT PULL] Add KVM support for Book3s_64 (PPC64) hosts v3

On 07/24/2009 07:30 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:
KVM for PowerPC only supports embedded cores at the moment.

While it makes sense to virtualize on small machines, it's even more fun
to do so on big boxes. So I figured we need KVM for PowerPC64 as well.

This patchset implements KVM support for Book3s_64 hosts and guest support
for Book3s_64 and G3/G4.

To really make use of this, you will also need a modified version of qemu
that can deal with KVM on desktop cores. I will send out patches for those
later, but want to get feedback on the kernel side first.

In the meanwhile, use the qemu version from
http://www.powerkvm.org/powerkvm.git which already includes all required
patches to run G3/G4 and G5 guests.

To not spam on everyone on the list, I figured I'd send this as a git pull
request this time. If I did anything wrong, please tell me :-).

I will need some acks from ppc people. Obviously for the non-kvm bits, but also for the kvm bits as I am not qualified to review ppc code.

  - use MMU Notifiers

What's the plan here?

  - use u64* for dirty log

Is this a userspace interface issue? if so it will need to be addressed before merging.