RE: ia64: why is mmio bus access lockless?

Hi, Michael
   Since only virtual ioapic uses the lock-less logic, so it shouldn't introduce the issues. Anyway, it should be safer to add the lock considering its semantic and future usage models.  Would you like to prepare a patch to enhance it ? Thanks!
Xiantao