Re: [patch] fix qemu-kvm to build when gdbstub is disabled

Jan Kiszka wrote:
I agree, unless

- we want to make gdbstub support configurable (don't see any
overwhelming reason for this, but maybe others do)
- we want to merge ia64 kvm support upstream, and don't want to impose
gdbstub support (though I'd recommend properly implementing gdbstub)

In any case, I'm okay with dropping the check upstream and applying the
local fixup.

The last ia64 tcg patch I saw one or two days ago was missing gdb
support, too (and may suffer from some brokenness for that reason).

I didn't see ia64/tcg.  Did you mean s390?  That was host only IIRC.

 But
I would suggest for both cases (tcg and kvm) to temporarily provide
stubs/placeholders instead of keeping the central #ifdefs.

Agreed.