Re: EFI image - SAL_DESC_PLATFORM_FEATURE bits

Tristan Gingold wrote:
On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 04:44:29PM +0100, Jes Sorensen wrote:
So my question is how your EFI image builds the sys_entry table? Is it
possible for KVM/Xen etc. to pass down information that the system clock
drifts or does it need to be hardcoded in the image? If the latter, do
you have any pointers to how one goes about rebuilding the image?

The SAL system table is built in edk2-sparse/EdkXenPkg/Dxe/XenSal/XenSal.c.
There is currently no platform features entry but it is easy to add one.
I suppose this entry can be populated by using an hypercall.
There is a README that explains how to build the firmware - it's tedious.

Hi Tristan,

Thanks for the info - where do I find the firmware? Is it in the Xen
hg repositories?

I was hoping it would be a walk in the park to build, but I kinda feared
you would say that. Do I need a special environment to build it, like a
special pre-historic version of GCC running on RHEL 3 or something like
that?

Cheers,
Jes