Re: [patch] remove vcpu_info array v5

Avi Kivity wrote:
Glauber Costa wrote:
By far it is not. But at least it does not depend on any kvm-specific
data, and works
for both qemu and kvm. So it's better to be this way.

If we change this scheme to a better one, like a hash table, then
it'll improve both qemu and kvm.

There are simpler data structures. An example is an array. Since we have an upper limit on the number of cpus (->max_cpus) there are no issues with scaling (unlike with the algorithm above).

Well one of the goals with my patch was to get rid of that nasty limit,
so that we can scale. Static sized arrays are bad.

Jes