Re: running openbsd on KVM running on fedora over raspberry pi 4

Hi Marc,

 Thank you for taking a look. I was able to finally
run openbsd by converting the install72.img to
a qcow2 image using qemu-convert tool. After that,
install and run openbsd was standard procedure.

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 4:08 PM Marc Zyngier <maz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, 23 Dec 2022 11:33:35 +0000,
Sandeep Gupta <gupta.sandeep@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am trying to run openbsd as guest OS.
> I am using this command to create the vm
> ```
>
> virt-install --name openbsd1 --ram 2048 --vcpus 2 --disk
> path=/var/lib/libvirt/images/openbsd1.qcow2,format=qcow2,bus=virtio,size=20
>  --disk path=/tmp/install72.img --import --os-variant openbsd7.0
> --network=default --noautoconsole
>
> ```
> But, on boot the server is not picking up the openbsd boot sequence.

I don't think this is directly related to KVM. I've been pretty
successful in running OpenBSD 7.0 on a variety of hosts. Not using
libvirt though, but directly using QEMU.

One thing you may want to do is to disable ACPI by pasing -no-acpi to
QEMU.

But overall, this is a question better asked on some libvirt forum.

        M.