Re: [GIT PULL] KVM/arm64 updates for 6.2

On Tue, Dec 06, 2022 at 06:10:32PM +0000, Sean Christopherson wrote:

> Alternatively, we could have a dedicated selftests/kvm tree (or branch)?

> I almost suggested doing that on multiple occasions this cycle, but ultimately
> decided not to because it would effectively mean splitting series that touch KVM
> and selftests into different trees, which would create a different kind of
> dependency hell.  Or maybe a hybrid approach where series that only (or mostly?)
> touch selftests go into a dedicated tree?

Some other subsystems do have a separate branch for kselftests.  One
fairly common occurrence is that the selftests branch ends up failing to
build independently because someone adds new ABI together with a
selftest but the patches adding the ABI don't end up on the same branch
as the tests which try to use them.  That is of course resolvable but
it's a common friction point.