Re: Some problems about TZASC configuration

Wang,

On 2021-12-12 19:52, Chenxu Wang wrote:
Hi all,

I have some problems about KVM+QEMU when it runs on a FVP with TZASC
and VHE enabled.

If I configure some DRAM region as "secure only", will KVM generate
some fault (e.g. SError) when creating a VM?

If the memory ends up being used by NS, then of course you'll get
a fault.

If yes, can we avoid it by restricting the physical memory region for
creating a VM?

For example, I configure 0xa0000000-0xafffffff as secure only, then i
ask KVM to create VMs in region 0x90000000-0x9fffffff, so no overlap
between them.

You need to instruct the kernel that some of the memory isn't usable.
Usually, that's done by removing the secure memory from the memory
map altogether.

In general, the NS world has no business knowing about the secure
memory.

HTH,

        M.