Re: How to translate a VA in Guest to PA in Host?

On 2021-11-08 16:42, Chenxu Wang wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to translate a Virtual Address in Guest OS to the Physical
Address in Host OS. Currently, I enable the VHE extension, so the Host
is in EL2. I also enable EL2 Stage-1 translation and EL1 Stage-2
translation.

In my experiment, I first get the VA in Guest OS. Then, I generate an
exception that will be caught by Host KVM, and send the value as a
parameter to the Host.
In KVM, I want to use the "AT S12E1R" for this value, but it failed.

So, does KVM implement some API of it?

No, because KVM really doesn't need this information.

The only thing we care about is the IPA, which is either provided by
the architecture on translation faults, or obtained by AT S1 in other
cases.

Translating the IPA into a PA isn't always possible, since there is
no guarantee that the page is mapped at the time you perform the
translation.

        M.
--
Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?