Re: Problems about Stage-2 translation

Wang,

Please don't top-post, and stick to plain text instead of HTML.

On Mon, 18 Oct 2021 09:36:05 +0100,
Chenxu Wang <irakatz51@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Marc,
>
> Thanks for your help. I studied the kvm_handle_guest_abort() handler, and
> basically know the reason for "return 0".
> But I still cannot solve the mapping problem.
>
> I want to find a function or APIs, whose input parameters are (1) region
> base IPA and size (2) mapped PA in Host (if IPA=PA, it could be better) (3)
> R/W/X attributes.
> Then, when I call the func(IPA start, IPA end, PA start, attr), I can get
> the map.

There is no such function, because that's not how KVM works.

> Where should I follow? Should I follow the "translation fault path" again?
> Or create the mapping function by myself?

Neither. You cannot directly map random physical ranges into a VM.
Memory that gets mapped into a VM needs to be exposed by userspace in
the form of a memslot. KVM will then map that memory on demand as the
guest accesses it.

Thanks,

	M.