Re: Is there any KVM-enabled kernel for android i can find ?

On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 03:25:00 +0100,
aaditya singh <aaditya99983@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Aaditya,

> I'm Aaditya, a student at NYU, currently i was working on putting
> kvm-enabled android kernel for our project and was wondering if you guys
> can help with, would be grateful if you can share the instructions on how
> to install kvm-enabled kernels ?

I'm afraid your question is pretty ambiguous. What do you call a
KVM-enabled kernel? Do you mean as a KVM host? Or as a guest? The fact
that this is Android is pretty much irrelevant as far as KVM is
concerned.

Enabling a KVM guest requires nothing in particular. You only need the
required drivers that match what your VMM is offering as a
platform. Any distro kernel will probably run out of the box.

Enabling a KVM host is just a matter of selecting CONFIG_KVM in your
kernel configuration and installing the kernel.

There are however a bunch of requirements for that host kernel to be
able to serve as a hypervisor. The firmware has to boot the kernel in
the right context (EL2), and most of the Android-based devices are not
exactly cooperative on that front.

It would certainly help if you could more exactly detail what you are
after, as there are no pre-canned answers to your questions.

Thanks,

	M.