From: André Przywara <andre.przywara@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 18:22
To: yinhua_chen@xxxxxxxxxxx <yinhua_chen@xxxxxxxxxxx>; kvmarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <kvmarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: KVM/ARM64: Booting KVM on FVP/fastmodels

On 29/03/2021 13:13, yinhua_chen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi,

> I want to boot KVM on simulators.
>
> I don't want to use QEMU since some features are only supported on
> FVP/fastmodels now.
>
> However, I cannot find documents/blogs/wiki about booting KVM on
> FVP/fastmodels.
>
> Does KVM support running on FVP?

The FVP emulates the full architecture, including all exception levels
(so also EL2), and the virtualization support of the GIC and the Generic
Timer.
So yes, the models fully support KVM (or any other hypervisor, for that
matter), and are in fact often used for developing KVM support of new
hardware features.

So what are the problems that you are facing? Just running a kernel like
you would normally do on the model should work out of the box.
If you describe your setup and the error messages, we can probably help
you better.

Cheers,
Andre