Re: Contribution to KVM.

> On Apr 9, 2020, at 8:34 PM, Xu, Like <like.xu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On 2020/4/10 5:29, Javier Romero wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>  My name is Javier, live in Argentina and work as a cloud engineer.
>>
>> Have been working with Linux servers for the last 10 years in an
>> Internet Service Provider and I'm interested in contributing to KVM
> Welcome, I'm a newbie as well.
>> maybe with testing as a start point.
> You may try the http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm-unit-tests.git
> and tools/testing/selftests/kvm in the kernel tree.
>> If it can be useful to test KVM on ARM, I have a Raspberry PI 3 at disposal.
> If you test KVM on Intel platforms, you will definitely get support from me :D.

If you are looking for something specific, here are two issues with
relatively limited scope, which AFAIK were not resolved:

1. Shadow VMCS bug, which is also a test bug [1]. You can start by fixing
   the test and then fix KVM.

2. Try to run the tests with more than 4GB of memory. The last time I tried
   (actually by running the test on bare metal), the INIT test that Liran
   wrote failed.

Regards,
Nadav

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/kvm/3235DBB0-0DC0-418C-BC45-A4B78612E273@xxxxxxxxx/T/#u