Re: unmap_ptes is not complete

Hi Raz,

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 09:10:56PM +0000, Raz wrote:
> Hey
> in mmu.c unmap_ptes() you invalidate *pte but not the pte itself. This
> leads to inconsistency in el2 translation tables. ie; the pte entry is
> cleared in the cached memory but not in the RAM, so the entry may still be
> valid in EL2 translation tables.

I'm not sure which code you're talking about.  Perhaps try sending a
patch?

> You should also clear pte itself.

If you're talking about unmap_stage2_ptes(), then I must be missing
something, because I don't see why setting the pointer to 0 should
matter, and what you say about cached memory and RAM doesn't sound
correct, as all virtualization-capable ARM CPUs have coherent page table
walks.

Thanks,
-Christoffer