Re: Android guest on KVM/ARM

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:06:06PM +0200, Ralph Palutke wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I try to virtualize an Android system via KVM/ARM. Currently I've
> installed Linaro Debian 16.03 RBP on a Lemaker Hikey board. Now, is
> there any Android build that would suite my needs? Since the usual way
> to install Android on a board is via fastboot, I'm not sure how to
> install it as a KVM/ARM guest. Because I run it on an ARM board, I would
> have assumed I could run an unmodified Android guest.
> Any suggestions how to proceed?

If I were you I would build AOSP and use the system, data, etc. images
provided by the build output and use that to generate some virtio
images.

I think emulating fastboot is a pretty hard way to go around things, but
of course it depends on what you're overall trying to do: Just run
Android or have a fully emulated Android compatible system...

Perhaps this will also help you:
http://www.linaro.org/blog/core-dump/running-64bit-android-l-qemu/

-Christoffer