Re: issues with emulated PCI MMIO backed by host memory under KVM

On 24 June 2016 at 16:04, Ard Biesheuvel <ard.biesheuvel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
> Note that this issue not only affects framebuffers on PCI cards, it
> also affects emulated USB host controllers (perhaps Alex can remind us
> which one exactly?)

Actually, looking at the QEMU source code, I am not able to spot the
USB hcd emulation code that backs a PCI MMIO BAR using host memory,
and in fact, the only instance I *can* find is vga-pci.c

@Alex: could you please explain which exact issue with USB emulation
is suspected to be caused by this?

@team-RH: are there any other examples beyond VGA PCI where this is a problem?

Thanks,