Re: Virt MM DEBUG_LL support arm32

On 7 October 2015 at 01:32, Mario Smarduch <m.smarduch@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>    I noticed that icedcc, and 8250 don't work
> with DEBUG_LL early debug print. And the kernel dies if
> these are selected. Besides PL011 is there any other
> serial devices that can be used for early debug with Virt MM?
> Maybe some additional options are needed?

PL011 and semihosting are the obvious choices for early
debug output. There's no 8250 in the virt board so that
definitely isn't going to work. We don't currently implement
the ICE DCC channel, though I think Edgar was considering
connecting it up to a chardev backend.

Really though, I think the UART and semihosting should
be enough for whatever the guest wants to do in the way
of early debug. Why do you need more options?

thanks
-- PMM