Re: virtio-serial: Add multiple times opening support to virtserialport(port)

Hi Gerd,

On 26 August 2015 at 16:26, Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi,

> AndroidPipe is a communication channel between the guest system and
> the emulator itself. Guest side device node can be opened by multi
> processes at the same time with different service name. It has a
> de-multiplexer on the QEMU side to figure out which service the guest
> actually wanted, so the first write after opening device node is the
> service name guest wanted, after QEMU backend receive this service
> name, create a corresponding communication channel, initialize related
> component, such as file descriptor which connect to the host socket
> serve. So each opening in guest will create a separated communication
> channel.
>
> We can create a separate device for each service type, however some
> services, such as the OpenGL emulation, need to have multiple open
> channels at a time. This is currently not possible using the
> virtserialport which can only be opened once.

vsock probably works better then:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/stefanha-kvm-forum-2015.pdf

Also: for opengl you might want check out virtio-gpu (assuming you can
build mesa for android).

https://www.kraxel.org/slides/qemu-opengl/

cheers,
  Gerd

Thanks for looking at this  mail. It may be suitable for our target, and we are
looking at virtio-vsock already.

Thanks,
-Matt