Re: kvm [2087]: load/store instruction decoding not implemented

On 24 February 2015 at 21:29, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 09:15:18PM +0900, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> Complex insns are things like load-multiple (there's a complete
>> list in the ARM ARM somewhere). Generally this indicates a guest
>> bug because you really shouldn't be accessing devices with
>> weird instructions like that (and you shouldn't be accessing
>> unmapped memory at all).
>
> I'm not super-familiar with the aarch64 instruction set, but
> according to qemu the instruction is:
>
> b8004403        str     w3, [x0],#4
>
> (in __copy_to_user).  My interpretation is this is storing the
> lower 32 bits of x3 into the storage pointed to by x0 (+ 4 bytes?)

This syntax is post-indexed register writeback, ie
"write lower 32 bits of x3 into the storage pointed to by x0,
and then increment x0 by 4".

> Is that one of the complicated ones?

Yes. Writeback is one of the "complex" cases not handled by
syndrome information alone.

As Christoffer says, I'm not sure why we're getting a stage
2 abort on this __copy_to_user: the target of a __copy_to_user
ought to either be guest RAM or something unmapped in stage
1, I would have thought...

-- PMM