Re: arm64: virtio broken in upstream kernel

On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 06:01:17PM +0800, Wang, Yalin wrote:
> Oh, this patch just revert my origin kernel patch,
> This solution will also fix qemu problem.
> But It will not free the head or tail page of inidrd
> if the address is not aligned if you do like this.
>
> This means some page will lost and can't be used by kernel.

What is the lifetime of device tree?  Does the kernel keep using that
data for as long as it is booted?

TBH I'm quite happy for someone to just take over this problem and fix
it.  I don't fully understand the ins and outs of device tree, nor
whether it's better to fix this in qemu or the kernel.

Rich.