Re: arm64: virtio broken in upstream kernel

On 1 December 2014 at 14:02, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK I fixed it ...
>
> This patch to qemu fixes the problem for me.  I will post it to
> qemu-devel shortly.

Really this is a workaround for a bug in the (guest) kernel.
The booting ABI documentation says nothing about having to keep
the DTB outside the tail end of the page occupied by the initrd,
so it's a kernel bug that it fails to work in this situation
(or a kernel documentation bug that it doesn't say that the
last part-page of the initrd can't be shared with anything,
if you prefer).

thanks
-- PMM