Re: Exposing host debug capabilities to userspace

On 24 November 2014 at 12:26, Alexander Graf <agraf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 24.11.14 12:35, Alex Bennée wrote:
>>> * KVM ioctl GET_ONE_REG(ID_AA64DFR0_EL1)
>> Nope, guest state API
>
> What's the problem with using ONE_REG for this? After all, the total
> number of available guest debug register is a guest vcpu property of
> some sort.

Yes, but we don't want to know about properties of the guest
vCPU. In an ideal world QEMU could reserve say half the debug
registers for debugging the VM on startup and have KVM expose
ID registers indicating to the guest that it only had the
other half...

-- PMM