Re: bug: arm64: 3.17 guest regression

Hi Joel,

On Wed, Oct 08, 2014 at 04:54:31PM +0200, Christoffer Dall wrote:

> > > Is this specific to running in a VM or do those options break your host
> > > system as well?
> > Just the guest.  The same kernel boots on the host.
> >
> That's concerning.... We could be losing interrupts for some reason.

I tried to reproduce this and I really cannot reproduce it.

I talked to Don Dutile from Red Hat yesterday, and he said he had seen
the same behavior when configuring the NO_HZ incorrectly, something
about the clocksources getting confused and the system times out before

Are you setting these options with menuconfig or manually in the .config
file?

It owuld be interesting if you could do a blank defconfig and enable the
NO_HZ options through a menuconfig and see if you can reproduce that
way?

Thanks,
-Christoffer