Re: [RFC 2/2] ARM64 / ACPI: Point KVM to the virtual timer interrupt when booting with ACPI

On 15 September 2014 23:41, Wei Huang <wei@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> +       } else {
>> +               /* The virtual timer interrupt was already
>> +                * registered during initialization with ACPI.
>> +                * Get the interrupt number from the tables
>> +                * and point there.
>> +                */
>> +               acpi_table_parse(ACPI_SIG_GTDT,
>> +                       (acpi_tbl_table_handler)arch_timer_acpi_parse);
>> +               if (!gtdt_acpi->virtual_timer_interrupt)
>> +                       return -EINVAL;
>> +               ppi = gtdt_acpi->virtual_timer_interrupt;
>
> I am thinking that we need to get the registered IRQ here. In other words,
> should we use ppi from arch_timer_ppi[VIRT_PPI] here?

irq_create_mapping returns the same irq line that we provided in this
case. If this assumption is frail (and the returned number can be
different), then yes we would have to use the value returned from the
registration.

>> +               kvm_info("timer IRQ%d\n", ppi);
>>         }
>>

> Could we merge the two kvm_info() into one? kvm_info("timer IRQ%d\n", ppi)
> can serve the purpose well for both cases.

Yes, although we would have to skip the node name and leave it plain
"timer" for both cases.