Re: KVM ARM: Boot stability issues

On 25 August 2014 19:49, Joel Schopp <joel.schopp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm guessing that the patches Peter posted recently might have a
> positive effect on breakpoints and debugging with gdb.
> https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-08/msg01291.html

No, those relate to running a GDB inside the QEMU TCG guest,
and won't affect an external gdb. What Zbigniew wants to do
is use the QEMU gdbstub to debug the whole guest. For
breakpoints to work in that when KVM is enabled requires
implementing support for breakpoints and the debug
interface in KVM and then the corresponding support for it
in QEMU. This is on our todo list (those with cards.linaro.org
access can find it as VIRT-116) but I don't think anybody's
working on it right now.

thanks
-- PMM