Re: [RFC] GIC/IRQ related patches

On 06/20/2014 11:38 AM, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Over the past few weeks/months, we've seen a flurry of GIC or IRQ
> related patches, and I can safely predict more to come:
>
> - New HW support [GICv3 host support, me][GICv3 guest support, Andre]
> - Refactoring [cleanups, Christoffer][vgic-dyn, me]
> - New features [irqfd support, Eric][VFIO platform, Antonios]
>                [VFIO PCI, Will][direct IRQ EOI, me]
>
> This is starting to give me a bit of a headache, and I'd like to
> organise things a bit more - there are obvious overlaps between the
> various bits, and I'd like everyone to understand what everyone is doing.
>
> Can we discuss this, either on the list or over a call?

Yes sure!

on my side I intend to deliver a new version of irqfd RFC (v3) today.

I am also working on removal of maintenance IRQ for assigned IRQ (using
2 stage prio drop and HW bit). I intend to send a draft spec next week
on that topic. By the way, what do you call direct IRQ EOI, isn't it the
same topic?

Best Regards
Eric