Re: Installing kvmarm on seagate Dockstar

On 2014-05-13 00:27, Puja Gupta wrote:
Thanks Christoffer. Yes it is ARMv5te platform. Is there no way around I can get kvm running on it? I did some research and could not get anything
but just want to get sure.

ARMv5 is now a very old revision of the ARM architecture, and lacks a lot of the features that KVM absolutely requires. If you're absolutely desperate to try some form of virtualization on ARMv5, there used to be a Xen PV port which must be bitrotting somewhere...

Otherwise, just grab a very basic A7 board (Allwinner A20 boards are pretty decent), you'll get KVM up and running pretty easily.

Thanks,

        M.

-Puja

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Christoffer Dall <
christoffer.dall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 08:43:21AM -0400, Puja Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone give some input on how to install kvm-arm on seagate dockstar
> which is 32 bit arm platform device.

I believe that device uses an old ARMv5 CPU, which cannot run VMs. You
need a Cortex-A15 or Cortex-A7 to run ARMv7 VMs.

-Christoffer

--
Who you jivin' with that Cosmik Debris?