Re: Guest shutdown

On 18 November 2013 10:49, Zhuoqun Cheng <czq@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am reading KVM/ARM and native kvm tool source code.
>
> I see KVM_EXIT_SHUTDOWN is checked as an exit_reason in native kvm tool. But
> i cannot find where is exit_reason set to KVM_EXIT_SHUTDOWN in KVM/ARM.
>
> Can you tell me where it is? Also a brief explanation of how Linux shuts
> itself down on ARM (especially what instruction causes guest to be trapped
> and get destroyed) is highly appreciated.

Hi Tom,

We don't currently support this inside the kernel using PSCI, but Anup
Patel from Linaro is working on this and patches should go on the list
soon.

Typically when you're running something like a versatile express,
Linux will write to the power management controller on the versatile
express, which is emulated by QEMU, and QEMU will shutdown the system
for you.

-Christoffer