Re: Address of the first guest instruction

On 26 October 2013 17:29, Zhuoqun Cheng <czq@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I am just wondering how to make the guest know where to start from or where
> is the first instruction? Or am I having a complete misunderstanding how kvm
> works. Can you help explain that or offer me some pointers?

Use the "write a register" KVM_SET_ONE_REG API to set the guest
registers up however your guest needs before you start it. In particular
you can set the guest program counter this way...

kvmtool is probably a good simple "how to start a guest" example
(QEMU's a bit more complicated...)

-- PMM