Re: vexpress hdlcd driver: error: kvm run failed function not implemented

On 8 August 2013 14:36, Jon Medhurst (Tixy) <tixy@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Shows how long it is since I last plugged in the TC1 CoreTile.
>
> TC2 has 2GB, so this probably crept in with some merge or cut'n'paste
> foobar.
>
> I'll fix the patch in my tree, and dust off that TC1 :-)

Do you think the TC1 device tree/kernel support is likely to
bitrot in future (compared with the TC2 one)? I originally
made QEMU model the TC1 because the TC1 is A15x2, and QEMU
can't model a heterogenous cluster setup like the TC2's
A15x2+A7x3. However if TC1 is going to effectively die
as a supported platform the other possibility would be
to make vexpress-a15 be "a TC2 with the A7 cores
permanently powered off/held in reset".

I'd rather not change if I can avoid it though because
it'll just confuse everybody more and/or require me to
keep the current TC1 model as well as adding TC2 ;-)

On the HDLCD: QEMU doesn't currently model this; we could
in theory add a model, but I'd need to add support in
QEMU's display-output infrastructure for selecting
which display to output based on guest control (ie
the model equivalent of the h/w's DVI multiplexer)
so as long as the kernel has continued to be able to
just fall back to the PL111 when it can't find the
HDCLD it hasn't seemed necessary.

-- PMM