Re: Handling guest page fault - VMEXIT

On 20 June 2013 07:25, 장진수 <jisjang82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> Do we have a code to handle VMEXIT which is triggered by guest's page fault?
> In x86 KVM, I think, it was in the function -"tdp_page_fault" in mmu.c.
> If possible, pls let me know the equivalent function or code part in
> KVM/ARM.

First, there really is no event caled VMEXIT on arm, we can only trap
to hyp mode.

That being said, while it's possible to configure the hardware to trap
to hyp mode on stage-1 page faults, this is not something we do in
kvm, as the stage-1 translation is more or less transparent to the
hypervisor, and avoiding the traps give you better performance..