Re: signal_pending(current) in kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run() is always true

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:45 AM, James White <james.white.2012@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have ported KVM/QEMU on ARM to a 3.4 kernel but have merged with https://github.com/virtualopensystems/linux-kvm-arm.git branch kvm-arm-v17-vgic-timers.
> When I try to run up a VM, the kernel runs endlessly a loop wihtout entering guest code in kvm_arch_vcpu_ioctl_run() as signal_pending(current) is always true. Any idea how a scenario like this could happen? I'd really appreciate any pointers.

signal_pending() is not a kvm/arm specific function, and I doubt that
it's buggy, so my best guess is that you're constantly sending a signal
to the process, for whatever reason.

You can block certain signals during vcpu execution using the
KVM_SET_SIGNAL_MASK ioctl, or you can prevent these signals to be sent
to your process in the first case.

If you're using the proper QEMU versions and you backported the patches
correctly, then I have no idea what's going on.

-Christoffer